Cantonese Fried Milk Custard
Melt in your mouth with subtle sweet milky flavor. Crispy first bite. Presented by Food Party with Cantonese Fried Milk Custard. We heard from tons of second generations that this dish is their childhood favorite! And it constantly reminds them of the moving trolleys in the dim sum places that parents would take them every weekend. Food is more than food. Food is culture.
2 egg yolks
2 tbsps of condensed milk ,
4 tbsp of corn starch
some all purpose flour
1. Add egg yolks, corn starch condensed milk and milk in Food Party Hotpot over medium heat.
2. Stir constantly until you have a nice creamy custard.
2. Transfer the milk mixture into a container. Flatten the surface and refrigerate for 2 hours.
3. After 2 hours, take out the batter from the fridge. Now cut the batter into strips and coat the stripes with flour on all sides.
4. Turn Food Party Grill to medium heat.
Add oil and milk strips. Pan-fry until golden brown.
Leave a comment