Homemade Chongqing Mala Hotpot Base
Food Party Exclusive Chongqing Mala Hotpot Base recipe! Home secret from our grandmother. We promise you will never want to buy hotpot base from supermarket OR go to restaurant again with this recipe!
Ingredients (all can be found in your local Chinese market)
Cinnamon roll 10g
Amomum villosum 10g
Bay leaf 5g
sand ginger 10g
Sichuan Peppercorn 25g
Dried Chili 250g
Rock candy 150g
Pixian bean paste 150g
Ginger, Scallion, Salt, at your choice
Beef fat 1kg
Plant based Oil 1kg
1. Put all the beef fat into a wok to exact the fat. Medium heat. Drain the oil.
2. In a big pot, fill with water and dried chili. Let it boil for 10 mins. After that, let it cool down and blend with blender.
4. In another big pot, mix the extracted beef oil and plant based oil. When it's getting boiled, put in scallions and ginger. Fry and golden. Discard the scallion and ginger. Add Pixian bean paste, fry for 2 mins, then add the chopped chili, Douchi, in low heat, fry for 10 mins.
5. Blend group A ingredients. Add group A ingredients, Sichuan Peppercorn. In low heat, fry for 10 mins. Add rocky candy, In low heat, fry for 20 mins. Add salt. Mix up, and turn off the heat.
6. Let it cool to temperature. Put everything in a container. Put it in a fridge for an hour. Easily cut it up in the pieces. Whenever you have having a hotpot party, just take one piece.
Enjoy xx Recipe proudly presented by Food Party
Leave a comment