OMG. I don't think the popularity of this Korean dish need more emphasis. It's just raving among Korean community. One time there was a promotion is a local restaurant in my hood. My boyfriend and I literally went there everyday. It's just so cheesy, so yummy and so addictive!
75g Korean chili sauce
10 garlic cloves
2 tbps of light soy sauce
2 tbps of sesame oil
2 tbps of honey
1 tbsp of salt
300g mozzarella cheese
2 tbps of rice vinegar
1 pinch of black pepper
1. Chop up the apples, garlic, and the onion.Blend them in a blender
2.Make the marinade: stir and mix Korean chili paste, honey, rice vinegar, black pepper, the blended apples, garlic and onion.
3. In Food Party hotpot, add cold water. Add the ribs and ginger slices and cooking wine. Bring it to boil. 3 minutes later, skim the white froth. Wash the ribs with running water.
4.Spread marinade evenly over ribs.
5. Put the marinated ribs in to a zipper bag. Put in the fridge to marinate for 2 hours.
6. Turn on Food Party hotpot to medium heat. Heat the oil.
Fry the chilled ribs and add boiling water until cover the ribs.
Cover and simmer until the water is almost condensed.
Add the remaining marinade juice from the zipper bag and cook until the sauce thickens.
6. In Food Party Hotpot, place the ribs on one side and sprinkle with cheese on the other. Simmer for 5 minutes until the cheese melts.
Coat the spareribs with cheese. Ready to serve.