Dehydrated Egg Yolks
PREP: 96 hours
DEHYDRATE: 3 hours
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 1¾ cups kosher salt
- 6 egg yolks
- MIX the sugar and salt in a bowl until well combined.
- SPREAD half of the salt and sugar mixture onto a 6x6-inch baking tray.
- MAKE 6 indentations using the back of a tablespoon or measuring utensil. Place 1 egg yolk into each indent, then cover egg yolks using the rest of the salt and sugar mixture.
- WRAP the baking tray tightly in plastic wrap and chill in fridge for 3 to 4 days.
- REMOVE the egg yolks from the salt cure carefully and dunk them in a bowl of water.
- GENTLY brush off excess salt and sugar.
- PLACE the egg yolks evenly between the Food Party Food Dehydrator trays.
- DRY at 140°F for 3 hours.
- KEEP in an airtight container or use them immediately to
grate over pasta or vegetables.