Smoky Maple Jerky
PREP: 12 hours 10 minutes
DEHYDRATE: 6 hours
- 2 pounds beef eye of round
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- CUT the beef across the grain into 5-mm-thick slices. Set aside.
- MIX the maple syrup, soy sauce, liquid smoke, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper until well combined.
- PLACE the beef and marinade in a sealable plastic bag. Mix well.
- MARINATE in the fridge for 12 hours or overnight.
- DRAIN and then discard the marinade.
- PLACE the sliced beef evenly between the Food Party Food Dehydrator trays.
- DRY at 165°F for 6 hours, or until done.