Sweet Heat Jerky
PREP: 12 hours 10 minutes
DEHYDRATE: 6 hours
- 2 pounds beef eye of round
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon chile powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- CUT the beef across the grain into 5-mm-thick slices. Set aside.
- MIX the soy sauce, Worcestershire, ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, smoked paprika, chile powder, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt until well combined.
- PLACE the beef and marinade in a sealable plastic bag. Mix well.
- MARINATE in the fridge for 12 hours or overnight.
- DRAIN and discard the marinade.
- PLACE the sliced beef evenly between the Food Party Food Dehydrator trays.
- DRY at 165°F for 6 hours, or until done.