Coconut Chicken hotpot might sound foreign to you amongst all the hotpot recipes we introduced. Yet in Hainan province, China, it is one of the most distinctive dishes parallel to Hainanese Chicken Rice.
This succulent dish uses coconut juice and meat as soup base to bring out the most refreshening taste of chicken. It makes it one of the most popular summer hotpot dish across southern China. Let's prepare this savory, nutritional delight with Food Party 2 in 1 Electric Smokeless Grill and Hotpot.
1. 1 whole chicken
2. 2-3 whole coconuts
3. 6 Chinese water chestnut (can easily be found in Asian market; can also skip)
1. Drain out all the coconut juice and leave them in Food Party Hotpot.
2. Cut out the coconut meat and slice them into pieces.
3. Put the cut up chicken and coconut meat into the hotpot. Close the lid. Turn it to high heat. After it boils, turn it to medium heat. Wait for 15 minutes and prepare dipping sauce. Once it's ready, feel free to add all other ingredients you love to the soup base: Tofu, mushrooms, greens, fatty beef and more. Serve when it's boiled.
This is a very special Hainan-style sauce. The sauce serves to amplify the multi-layer flavors.
Ingredients: proportions at your choice
1. lime juice
2. fresh chili pepper chopped
4. minced ginger