The quintessential Japanse anime snacks! Yes onigiri is the everyday comfort food for Japanese people. There are tons of different ways to make it. And this just shows how Japanese cuisine is inventive and creative. Food Party is presenting the fried crispy onigiri recipe that could make you comfort and keep exploring more variations from it.
2 bowls of leftover rice
2 Asian sausages
2 pcs of cheddar cheese
4 pieces of seaweed
pinches of sesame seeds
the sauce (2 tbps of light soy sauce, 2 tbps of oyster sauce, a tbsp of sugar ,1a tbsp of dark soy sauce, pinches of corn starch)
1. Cut the sausages into small pieces and set aside.
2. Add the sausage, white sesame seeds and 1 tbsp of light soy sauce to the rice. Mix well.
3. Spread the rice over the cling wrap and add the cheese. Wrap it, and squeeze it into a tight pancake shape.
4. Marinade: Stir in 2 tbsp of light soy sauce, 1 tbsp of oyster sauce, 1 tbsp of sugar, 1 tbsp of dark soy sauce and 3 tbsp of water.
5. Turn on Food Party Grill. Add oil and fry rice ball until golden brown on both sides. Pour in the sauce and starch mixture. Cook over high heat until sauce thickens.